View or download the 2021 Health Benefits Guide [PDF].
Open Enrollment 2021
The State of Maryland provides a generous benefit package to eligible employees and retirees with a wide range of benefit options from healthcare to income protection. Here’s what’s new for 2021.
- Online benefits enrollment is mandatory for active and contractual employees who wish to make benefits elections for plan year 2021.
- Wellness activities reset in 2021. See the Wellness section of this site or pages 4-5 of the 2021 Health Benefits Guide for details on earning incentives to reduce your costs this calendar year.
- As a result of the injunction granted by the court in Fitch vs. State of Maryland, there are no changes to the prescription coverage provided to Medicare eligible in 2021.
- Healthcare FSA annual amount increase to $2,750.
- Expanded access to Flu Shots at most pharmacies nationwide – $0 copay
|Service||Phone||Email / Website|
|Employee Benefits Division||410-767-4775 or |
|Employee Benefits Division email|
or Maryland Benefits website
|State Retirement Pension System||410-625-5555 or |
|Maryland State Retirement and Pension System website|
|Social Security Administration||1-800-772-1213||Social Security website|
|Medicare||1-800-Medicare||The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare website|
|SPS Benefits System||410-767-4112||SPS Benefits System website|
|Instructions (Job Aids) for SPS Benefits System||410-767-4775||Department of Budget and Management Statewide Personnel System website|