Discover what may be covered with dental benefit coverage.
Explore your options with:
Delta Dental is an industry leader with over 60 years of dedication to dental benefits. DeltaCare USA combines convenience and attractive benefits that aid in the prevention of and protection from oral health issues. Delta Dental delivers the best value with affordable plans that feature exceptional access to quality dental care.
For a description of the Delta Dental benefits for State of Maryland employees, download the Delta Dental benefits booklet [PDF].
Protecting more than just your smile®
With quality dental coverage, access to a large, national dentist network, exceptional customer service, convenient and secure online tools, United Concordia has the total dental benefits package.
United Concordia is committed to the oral health of our members. We have nearly 50 years of dental-only experience and use that knowledge to design robust and flexible benefit programs. We’ve built national networks and have implemented routine verifications of dentists’ credentials and on-site inspections to ensure our members are receiving the highest quality dental care.
Under the DPPO plan, members may seek services from dentists participating in the Advantage Plus Network or from non-participating dentists without the need to select a primary care dentist. You also do not need a referral to receive care from a specialty dentist, making it easy to get the oral care you need when you need it.
Not only will you have excellent access to participating dentists, but you can also get a discount on services not covered in your plan, such as teeth whitening (just look for the green SAVE icon in your search results when using our Find-a-Dentist online tool).
Tip: Since COVID-19 has many people working remotely, you and your family may be farther from your regular dentists. Don’t worry, it’s simple to find an in-network dentist closer to your current location. Just visit United Concordia website or call our US-based customer service at 1-888-MD-TEETH to find your dentist or a dentist near you.
View or download the United Concordia Dental Benefits for State of Maryland Employees and Retirees booklet [PDF] for a detailed description of your benefits.
Added Value Benefit Features:
With Preventive Incentive, all Class I Diagnostic and Preventive services—such as cleanings, exams, x-rays and more—do not count toward your annual maximum.
The Smile for Health® Maternity Dental Benefit
This benefit provides pregnant women with an additional dental cleaning during pregnancy. The extra cleaning can help prevent periodontal (gum) disease, which has been linked to premature and low-birthweight babies, as well as help control pregnancy gingivitis.
We offer a variety of resources that make handling your benefits easy:
- MyDentalBenefits: Create an online account on the United Concordia website in the “Member Sign In” area to view your eligibility information, claim status, print ID cards and more! And now there’s a new live chat feature that gives members a secure way to chat live with a real person in MyDentalBenefits – no chat bots. You can easily transition from live chat to a phone call if needed and speak with the same representative from your live chat bubble.
- Find a Dentist: Visit United Concordia website to search by specialty, zip code or network.
- United Concordia Dental Mobile App Access the Find-a-Dentist tool, your benefit information and virtual ID card easily and on-the-go. Download the FREE United Concordia Dental Mobile app on the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Chomper Chums® App: A free interactive app that helps to make brushing fun for children while teaching them proper oral health. Download the Chomper Chums app on the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Benefits Video: Watch a United Concordia benefits video explaining State of Maryland dental benefits.